Govt NPS subscribers can now change investment option online directly: Here’s how to change

Central Government NPS subscribers were able to choose their Pension Funds (PFs) and Investment Pattern in Tier I accounts beginning April 1, 2019. Government subscribers have the option of selecting any of the Pension Funds (PFs). Until now, processing of the application for amending the Investment Pattern (PF/Asset Allocation) required approval from the Nodal Office. This included changes to investment options made either online or offline.

According to the latest PFRDA circular, “In the interest of the subscribers and to simplify the process, it has been decided to allow the change in Investment choice online, wherein the subscriber can submit the request directly in the CRA login and which has to be authenticated through OTP (One Time Password) received on the Registered Mobile/Email-id.”

As per the PFRDA circular, the Central Government NPS Subscribers can choose any one of the available PFs and Investment Option as per their choice among the following:

A. Active Choice – 100% Allocation into Government Securities

B. Conservative Auto Choice – 25% Allocation in Equity Asset Class

C. Moderate Auto Choice – 50% Allocation in Equity Asset Class

According to the rules, the asset allocation can be modified twice a year, whereas the PF can only be altered once. If the relevant Autonomous Bodies and State Governments have given their consent, Subscribers who are affiliated with State Governments and Autonomous Bodies of State/Centre may also exercise their choice of PF and Investment pattern.

Once you make the modification on the investment choice option, the collected Tier I contributions will be redeemed and reinvested in the new scheme. Any additional payments will also be put into the new investment plan. Subscribers are advised to evaluate each asset type’s and PF’s performance on an individual basis before making their own investment decisions.

However, the subscribers may also go back to using the default investment approach if they so choose.

How to change of investment choice for govt sector subscribers online

Step 1: e-Investment Choice by Logging Online into the CRA System

Step 2: Subscribers may raise an online request by logging into the CRA System.

Step 3: This request will be an OTP based request and hence, it is imperative that the Subscribers’ Mobile No/Email ID is registered with CRA.

Step 4: The request initiated online by the Subscriber can be self-authorized and authorization from Nodal Office is not required in the CRA System.

How to change of investment choice for govt sector subscribers offline

Step 1: Subscribers can send a physical Scheme Preference Change Request Form to the relevant Nodal Office.

Step 2: The Subscriber must download Form GOS-S3 (Request for Scheme Preference Change) from the CRA website and submit it to the corresponding Nodal Office.

Step 3: The Scheme Preference Change request must be captured and authorised in the CRA System by the Nodal Office.

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles

%d bloggers like this: